Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 20, 2009

A little story or a small question that everyone must answer.

Once upon a time there was a guy Mr. A. He finished his education, worked towards a brilliant career, earned a lot of money and had a rich and comfortable life. Having achieved everything he wanted to he decided it was time he settled down and got married. One fine evening as he was returning from work he saw a beautiful lady Miss B crossing the road. He fell in love with her and proposed to her the very next day. He said "Miss B, I love you and would like to marry you. We will have a happy and comfortable life. Will you marry me?

Miss B was in love with a certain Mr. L. Mr. L was a struggling painter of no great talent. Hence he could never make it big in the art world even if he tried too hard. Miss B said to Mr. A "You, sir are very good to offer me all this but I am in love with Mr. L." Mr. A said, "Please reconsider Miss B. Everything that is mine shall be yours. You shall never again have the lack of money or comfort or my love. I will not pressurize or persuade you into accepting but I would like you to take a week to think and then come back and give me an answer". Miss B agreed to that.

She immediately went to see Mr. L. To reach Mr. L's house she had to cross a river. The boatman Mr. M said "Lady you have to give me money or i wont take u across." Miss B didn't have much money. So she cried and pleaded and appealed to Mr. M to take her to her love. Mr. M was unmoved. Finally he said, "For one of those gold earrings that you have I will take you across once. If you agree, let's go" Miss B. agreed. She gave him one of her gold earrings, crossed the river and went to see Mr. L.

Mr. L was worried when he saw the confusion and anxiety on Miss B's face. He asked her, "What's the matter, my lady?" She said, "Oh Mr. L! I was proposed to by Mr. A today." Mr. L asked, "did you accept? or Did you say no?". Miss B said amongst sobs "He has given me a week to decide, but how can I decide I love you." Mr. L considered for a moment and said "My dear, I am but a struggling painter and I know I would never make it big. With me you will always have to scrape and live from hand to mouth, you would have to struggle all your life. My fate or my future is of my own making hence I do not mind suffering through it but you my dear, you don't have to pay for my mistakes. you have a chance at a better life and I don't want to hold you back and condemn you to a life of poverty." His answer made Miss B. think even more. She asked, "But what should I tell him?" Mr. L sighed and said, "You should find your own answer...but for your sake, I do wish you would say, yes."

Miss B was saddened by this. She came back to the river gave her other earring to the boatman Mr. M and returned to town. She thought long and hard about what the two men had said to her and after a week accepted Mr. A's proposal and married him.

Here ends the story and begins the question. Out of the 4 characters, Mr. A, Miss B, Mr.L and Mr. M.
Who do you think is the most morally justified? Answer beginning with the person of highest morals. Please leave a comment with your answer.

For all of you who answered the previous question...a little twist in the tale for you. Since you have now rated the characters according to morality...Now if A represents ambition, L represents Love, B represents Brains and M represents money...Think of the priority of these things in your life and now decide your order...Is the order according to morality and according to priority different?

Do we always think on moral grounds when we decide our priorities?
Or do we use different parameters when we judge others and different ones when it comes to our own lives?

No comments:

Post a Comment